Our team at High Street are dedicated to educating and encouraging children about dentistry from an early age. Our aim is to ensure that your child's first and subsequent visits to us are positive, fun and enjoyable. This is why we go to great lengths to provide an environment within which children of all ages can feel comfortable. We have monthly colouring competitions, a wide variety of toys in our waiting room & have Children's fun days a couple of times a year.
Your child can attend the Dentist as early as 6 months this is so they become familiar with the environment and get to know their Dentist.
- Start brushing your baby's teeth with fluoride toothpaste as soon as the first milk tooth breaks through (usually at around six months, but it can be earlier or later). It's important to use a fluoride paste, as this helps to prevent and control tooth decay.
- Encourage them to spit out excess toothpaste, but not to rinse with lots of water. Rinsing with water after tooth brushing will wash away the fluoride and make it less effective.
- Brush your child's teeth for about two minutes twice a day: once just before bedtime and at least one other time during the day.
- Use a mirror to help your child see exactly where the brush is cleaning their teeth.
- Make tooth brushing as fun as possible.
When you visit the dentist, be positive about it and make the trip fun. This will stop your child worrying about future visits.